Tuesday, January 21, 2014

NYNY Day 4

 First Tuesday weigh in and I have lost both pounds and body fat %.  Not sharing how much because this is a contest and that $500 is worth eating more cottage cheese (maybe).

Breakfast was my omelet cups.  I posted a picture on my Instagram.  You put your veggies in a muffin tin and pour your eggs over the top.  Any omelet recipe from the book will work. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes (make sure the middle is done).   Simply reheat them in the microwave when you are ready to eat them.   

Lunch was a Cobb Salad.  My coworkers were laughing at my lack of dressing. They know how much I love ranch.  Actually my dressing spilled in my lunch bag and I had about half of the 2 TBSP left.  I resisted the urge to go ask for some dressing at the salad bar in our school cafeteria.  MAJOR WILL POWER (almost as much as it took NOT to eat a Hershey's kiss that my kiddos earned today)

For dinner we had grilled chicken and a spinach salad.  I love the dressing from the book for the Spinach and Strawberry salad.  I only added 1 TBSP of sugar instead of the amount it called for.  Trying to be good....


Amanda is an awesome coach.  She pushed me tonight.  She gave me a 44lb kettle bell and told me to use it.  I had no choice.  And then for 1 and 1/2 sets she was in my face pushing back down on the kettle bell.  This sounds harsh and it was.  But I needed it and she knew that to get the maximum out of me she needed to push...literally.
I often think that I am weaker than I really am.  The coaches at QSA and my fellow 4:30 people give me the encouragement I need. 

I keep reminding myself of the little engine that could....I think I can, I think I can, I think I can.

Of course no one got to be that little engine while sitting on their caboose. 

No comments:

Post a Comment