Monday, January 20, 2014

NYNY Day 3

Day 3 has been great....for the most part.

For breakfast, I stepped WWAAAYYYY out of my comfort zone and attempted to eat some cottage cheese for breakfast.  I cannot begin to explain how much I hate the texture of cottage cheese. I bought small curd this time hoping that would help.   The recipe in the book is called Wonder Bowl.  My was a not so wonder bowl....1/2 cup of cottage cheese, 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt, 2 tsp of flax meal, and 4 strawberries sliced.   I hated it.  I imagine my face looked like a baby when he/she is eating rice cereal for the first time. If I could have spit it out I would have.  I finally figured out that to tolerate it I could eat the berries out...even though they were covered in the wonderful stuff.

Lunch was another cobb salad...awesomeness.

For dinner I made the fiesta chicken from the book.  It was delicious.  This will be a staple meal for us.  So simple yet so good.  And I am full.


QSA WOD was tough.... "Bear" with 3 rounds at 55lbs and 2 rounds at 65lbs.   I remember when the 45lb bar was a challenge for me.  I am feeling a sense of accomplishment today.
Next came the 10 min AMRAP....with hurdle hops.  Feeling so proud of myself after the weights, I chose on the "taller" green hurdles.  Hurdle hop number 4, I kicked the hurdle, it flipped and popped me in the leg, and I fell.  My parents should have named me Grace.

I switched to the baby green hurdle for the rest of the reps. Ain't no shame in my game :)


First weigh in is tomorrow....

1 comment:

  1. The wonder bowl doesn't call for greek yogurt. However, I imagine you could swap out the cottage cheese for greek yogurt. Haha, I can picture the funny face you made!!!
    - Jason

    ReplyDelete