Monday, January 16, 2012

New year, new motivation, new mommy

This post has been 3 days in the works. I have debated on whether or not I really wanted to write about this personal journey that I am on. I got on Facebook this morning and my friend Wendy from Texas posted about her success on the Advocare program and asked us to share our success stories. That was all the motivation I needed.

A little history (feel free to skip this part)---
In June of 2009 I had a total hysterectomy at the age of 31. This was a hard decision to make but as far as my health, it was the best decision for me and my body. I WAS NOT going to be a statistic. I WAS NOT going to gain 20 pounds. I WAS NOT going to gain weight in places that I had never gained weight before. LITTLE DID I KNOW.

After 2 1/2 years of diets and running and gyms and Wii fit games and clothes not fitting and tears before benefit auctions and feeling sorry for myself and not liking myself or the way I look.....
I decided to change my outlook.

I have decided that I need to be the best that I can be. Stop making excuses and stop feeling sorry for myself. Stop focusing on a dress size and start focusing on feeling great.

At the end of October, I joined the Upstate Women's Bootcamp at QSA. I know I am crazy. The first 2 weeks I was ready to quit. I pushed through.
I have become stronger and my ability to push myself is incredible. Jason is a work horse and pushes to our limits. But he is always there with a smile, a yell, or a word of encouragement.

In January I decided to take this crazy notion of improving myself to a new level. Darron has been using Advocare products for months. Our friend Wendy from Texas is an Advocare rep and had posts on her Facebook page about the 24 day challenge. Something crazy told me---"hey, you can do that. You read all the blogs. Not only do these people lose weight but they fell better. Have more energy....yada yada yada."

3 days ago my Advocare journey began. I am going to write about my journey as motivation and accountability for myself.

No more feeling sorry for myself, no more tears when it is time to find a dress to wear to an auction, NO MORE.
It is a new year. I have new motivation. It is time to be the best Meares Mommy that I can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment