Thursday, February 13, 2014

Oh No...Snowmageddon

This the last week of the challenge.  Actually, the final weigh in is less than 38 hours from now.  Saturday at 10:00AM

Snowmageddon began Tuesday.   Thank goodness we got to QSA for the 8AM class.  The conditions got so bad that QSA was closed from noon on Tuesday, all day Wednesday and Thursday.

I made the comment Tuesday that I hoped the other "competitors" sat at home, ate their carb filled milk and bread sandwiches, and drank a lot of beer.
Darron and I were determined not to cheat or break the eating plan.  We succeeded. 
I will confess, I made snow cream for J on Tuesday night and ate about 1/4 of a cup of it. However, I only used 1/4 cup of sugar instead of a 1/2 cup so that only counts is a half of a cheat.

Wednesday I drank my gallon of water. And made myself run back up the hill after sledding down.

Thursday morning meant more sledding and running back up the hill.  Cardio...even in small doses is better than no cardio at all.

What a difference a couple hours can make.
The above sledding was taking place around 9:30 AM.  By 1:00PM the sun was breaking through the clouds and melting away 3 days of snow.

At 5:00PM, Darron and I backed the cars out and turned our garage into our workout area.  Thanks to QSA for posting a 25 AMRAP workout for us to do.  It was tough because we made it tough and motivated each other.

I am surprised that DSS was not called on us.  "Yes, I would like to report that there is a child running around in his snow-filled yard with no coat on playing baseball with himself.  He keeps running back and forth to the fence.  His parents appear to be in the garage doing something that looks suspicious."
And the called would have been placed by my brother-in-law and sister-in-law who drove by real slow trying to figure out what was going on.  Or by any of the numerous people driving by our house between 5:15 and 5:45 PM.

J had on layers and is always playing baseball so this was perfectly normal except for the snow filled yard.  I am sure our neighbors have seen us doing tire flips around the house before.  Just another day at the Meares House.

As I type this I am finishing the last of my gallon of water today. 

Hallelujah...QSA is open tomorrow.  9:00am class for me.  And then a repeat class with D at 4:30PM.
I want that CASH. Or spa day. Or massage.  Or the team prize. GO TEAM AMANDA!!!

The competitor in me is ready for the final results on Saturday. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment